- Oct 2021
- Sep 2021
New Delhi has also embarked on what it ominously calls the “final solution” for the Jammu and Kashmir dispute.
- Jun 2021
A very interesting summary of India's position in digital realm with a few highlights:
- stressing risk of relying on critical infrastructure owned and controlled by other actors
- introducing 'data-centered' sovereignty along the lines of the GDPR-approach
- high importance of digital supply chain for INdia
- try to negotiate international framework for cyberspace by 2025.
- hinting a possibility of joining WTO negotiations (not completely clear).
including in the WTO,
Is India signalling joining of the Joint Statement Initiative?
the territorial jurisdiction of a country would be on the data which is owned by its citizens irrespective of the place where the data physically is located located”.
India is moving here close to GDPR.
in support of the development objectives building on the 2015 Digital India platform with the world’s largest biometric database, Aadhar, at its centre.
It makes an interesting approach of having a specific tech platform in the center of the overall development approach.