3 Matching Annotations
- Oct 2020
This article links content policy, anti-monopoly regulation and human rights in an effective way. These issues are closely interlinked. Here are the man points from the article:
- explaining position of main actors focusing on fake and false news and right on freedom of expression;
- growing censorship in the Western societies (UK, France)
- can tech executives be in charge of freedom of expression;
- how to avoid monopolies in content - the most reasonable approach is to develop interoperability with users having possibility to switch between platforms (move data) without using its network and contacts (analogy to mobile phone number); in this scenario the social networks would become utilities.
- internatoinal human rights law provide a solid international framework for dealing with content (reasonable balance between freedom of speech and relevant and proportionate restrictions.
- Jun 2020